2014. augusztus 8., péntek


Hola a todos!
Here I am now from the largest town in whole of America. From Mexico city, a place of extremes for sure. In order to make everyone feel good, I'm pleased to tell all of you that I have arrived safe and sound. A little bit adventurous, but hey who would've thought?... ^^ In Chicago I was stuck with my bags and no chance to check it in or lock it somewhere, so after a short low moment (thanks to Tibi) I have decided to look for a place for the following 17 hours and actually see something of the quiet impressive city of Chicago. I found myself a youth hostel, where guess what? I met two Mexican girls in my dorm, from Mexico city!!! ^^ God is just so good, he always embraces me with love and offers a Way to take. So after coming home late, slept about 4 hours, maybe 4 and 1/2 and back to the airport to fly to Mexico. Waaaaa on the plane already but had to tell myself over and over again that its actually happening now, I AM going to Mexico right now. hahaha It was hilarious, the unreal fact of this journey.
Now all seems natural, like if I would have been living here long time now. The 'public transport' is very similar to Africa, crazy, always busy, just today I was riding on a small bus back home and the doors are always open but I was hanging out of the back door, barely had place for my feet on the last step and hold onto the bar while speeding through the city. I loooove it here! The Spanish is just so beautiful that they speak here, has a melody, and of course they don't lisp.
Oh I forgot to mention that by accident I said to the family that I arrive on the 4th so actually nobody was waiting for me at the airport... It was so funny, I arrived and ... Nobody... I was so trusting and most of all silly I had no phone number of the senora Sandra, nor an address to my new home or nothing, I was standing there and wondered what next... ^^ But of course God makes a way even for such silly people like me. My computer had a tiny bit of battery so I could check my emails and there she was writing me that she was there the day before and I was nowhere to be found, they called the Embassy and everything. But fortunately she put her phone number there and a kind lady beside me called her to arrange the meeting. hahaha ^^ I can't go anywhere without doing something crazy. Did I mention that I had no credit on my phone either or charger for my computer that works in Mexico? 
Anyways. ^^
We found each other and I live here in San Bartolo, close to Santa Fe where my university is. Higher up in the mountains, in a tiny village like area, very poor, but very welcoming and most of all awesome view of the city!!!!!!! From my 'balcony' oooh seriously Im so grateful to God, he knew exactly where Im going to be happy. I have two housemates, a Colombian guy  and a Mexican one. There is so much laughter and ambience in the house, I love it, speak so much Spanish and eat a lot of local food in these tiny streets where I can enter and eat with the family who sells the food. Its just a magical place of the Earth. Kindness and joy flows in the eyes, such culture and history that is seen in today very much. May I please stay here forever? ^^
I picked my classes today and yesterday, which is filled with new changes, exciting and upsetting. But there are sooooo many activities that I dont think I could be sad too long. Can't wait for the classes to start next Monday!!! Tomorrow the international students will have a game in the city center to get to know the place but to do something fun also in small groups with tasks to do for time. I have to say that this university is very rich, snobbish also but the best university I have ever been. Academically excellent, student friendly and also responds to need of its own society. Just aaaaaaaw  is my impression of it. Oooooo and seriously, the library people, its like in a dream of mine!!! ^^
There is countless things to share and show, but I didnt take pictures yet and still didnt have time to rest from the journey as I talk til late with this and that in the house, so if you don't mind...
Hasta pronto. ^^

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése